August 6, 2009

Back in Madrid again!!

Well... the day finally came. After a month in the South, it was time to say gooybye to the beach! We cleaned, packed up, and crammed back into that mini van to head home to Madrid. Andrea and I felt like we were sitting on a wooden table.... that's how amazing the ride was. Luckily it went by fast!! 6 hours of watching Disney movies in Spanish got a little old, but those are little memories that I will never forget!!
Last picture of our house in the South... with the finished pool! On our way home.... we had to do something to entertain us!!
Being back in Madrid has been good. The days go by slower because we are home all day long and the children are out of school, but we manage to keep having fun! We made paper chains for our countdown to England... one week from yesterday!!

Playing dressups! Wish the clothes actually fit me so I wouldn't have to wear the tutu on my head!

Yesterday we went on an "excursion" into the "mountains" to have a picnic and see horses!! It actually was a lot of fun!



My host Dad is going on a week long riding trip in September and wanted to see the horses that he will be riding. The kids all got a turn to ride on a very old horse... and they ended up giving the horse to my host parents so the kids can learn to ride as they grow up!!
ANA....

VICTORIA....

and CHARLES!
I am in love with my host family. I got extremely lucky, and I feel so grateful. This picture was at our picnic. It is going to be REALLY hard to leave!!
I couldn't have asked for a better experience here. It is all coming to and end WAY too quick. We leave for England next week to visit my host Dad's family... and then I fly out of London on the 25th. My host Mom asked little Charles the other day if he was ready to have me go back to America. He started crying and ran downstairs. It will be a hard goodbye, I have grown to love my little Spanish family!

No comments:

Post a Comment