August 12, 2009

Our final "excursion" in Madrid!

First off... My Dad is feeling better!! Still on oxygen, but they released him from the hospital today to go home!! I am more at peace, and am able to enjoy my last two weeks here, knowing that he is stable!! YAY!
Well, my time is winding down here in Madrid and before I leave, my host Dad wanted to go on one more "excursion."
Our Checklist before leaving the house:
1. Kids hats and Backpacks
2. Dog leash, water, and water bowl
3. Walking sticks
4. Sunscreen
5. Bathing suits and a towel
6. drinks and chips for a picnic
We went up to the "mountains" and had a lovely walk along a river. Charles, my host Dad, doesn't go anywhere without his dog, Athos, and he was the leader. No one was allowed to pass Athos, and we were not allowed to step off the path that Charles made because, "you never step off of the path the leader makes!" hahahaha It turned out to be a lot of fun.

The kids were able to get into the water, and we ended up catching a bunch of tadpoles! I have never seen one in real life, so it was pretty cool!

We were gone for the entire day because we had lunch on our hike, and icecream at a restaurant on our way back home! I am going to miss these little adventures with my Spanish family!
Oh I almost forgot. On our way home, we stopped to see my host Dad's horses. He pays to keep them on a piece of land, with about 150 other horses. When we arrived, little Ana and I walked up to the fence to look at all the horses. I was standing behind her when all of a sudden she started SCREAMING....followed by her turning around and punching me in the legs. She was crying and screaming "YOU HIT ME!!!" I had absolutely NO idea what was going on... for all I knew, I was standing right behind her looking at a horse that was biting another's bum, laughing to myself! Turns out she had grabbed the fence in front of her and it was electrical, so the horses are not able to escape, and she got electrocuted!!! She had no idea and thought that I had hit her from behind. She was so sad and would not come to me for a little bit, until she realized what had really happened. I felt so bad!! I promise I am not a child abuser!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your dad is doing better. And I enjoyed your story about the electric fence :) Enjoy your last couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete