February 13, 2009

Snow in Madrid.. what?!?!?!?!

The other morning I woke up to get ready for church, glanced out the window, and it was snowing!! I couldn't believe my eyes!! It RARELY snows in Madrid... maybe once in a while up in the "mountains"... but not down here in Las Matas!! I had to walk 2 miles in the snow to the train station because the buses weren't running!! It was FREEZING!! I put plastic bags over my feet inside my boots, and the snow soaked through!! My host Mom kept telling me on the phone that they excuse people from church on days like these... but look what the pioneers had to do!! I was so thankful the moment I walked in the church doors and believe it or not, I made it on time! It looks beautiful, but man is it inconvenient!! I left Utah to get out of the snow... just my luck!
The litte girls were staring out the window wanting to go outside... they don't see snow very much! Oh.. and their outfits are always matching... they are so cute!
Charles was able to make a cute snowman!!
When I was waiting on the bus for it to move... I watched 4 cars slide into one of the trees behind me. I felt just at home!! This picture was taken by a random person when I finally decided to get off the bus and walk to the train station in hopes of making it ontime! I have never seen such huge snowflakes in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment