February 13, 2009

SEGOVIA!

One weekend my host family went to their cabin, and I chose to stay at home. Sabine and I traveled to the city of Segovia!! It was supposed to be horrible weather that day. When we found out, we were super bummed because none of our pictures would turn out!! The fog was soo thick in Las Matas, which is common here in Spain, that we couldn't see 15 feet in front of us!! We decided to go anyway, hoping for the best!! If you can tell from the pictures... my prayers were answered and even though it was cold, we had blue skies!
This is an old Gothic Cathedral right by the main square. It was MASSIVE!! This is the prettiest cathedral I have ever seen. The ceilings inside were so tall!!! I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was! There were stained-glass windows everywhere so it looked beautiful inside with all of the colors.
This was the only place inside the Cathedral that we were allowed to take pictures! The details were incredible!
This is the famous Roman Aqueduct. It was used until the late 19th century as a way to recieve fresh water. It flowed along the top and was filtered along the way. I can't even imagine how they built it, it was huge!
Sabine and I
Behind me gives you an idea of what a cute little town Segovia is with its cobble stone streets!

This is the statue outside the castle!! I was STOKED to be able to see the tip of it when we were taking this picture!! I have always wanted to go to a castle!


Sabine and I outside Alcazar!! One of Spain's many midevil castles!!!

Of course I had to do a jumping picture!! I was so excited!!

This is a dungeon where they used to keep prisoners! No thanks!

I definitely want to go back before I leave this Summer!! I loved it!!

4 comments:

  1. Brit!! What a neat experience, that is so awesome and such a life learning opprotuntiy!! Looks like you are having a blast, im jealous!! How long are you in Spain for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you made a blog! I love it! Spain is soooo beautiful! The kids you nanny are darling. It's fun to see what you are up to in Spain. What a neat experience, if only we could come visit you. How great would that be it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I ever told you how jealous I am??? Seriously. Maybe I should just fly out there and visit you for a week.

    Word.

    ReplyDelete