July 23, 2009

The South of Spain!

Well, we have finally made it to the South! Actually we have been here for almost a month... I just stink at keeping up with my blog! My host Mom has a house in the South that she shares with all of her siblings. They used to come here every Summer when they were little, and the tradition just keeps on going. It is beautiful here and the weather is amazing!! Our house is up on a ledge, so we look down at everthing. We can see the mountains of Africa from the house... it is incredible!! They decided to put in a pool this year in the backyard... just my luck!! :D They started the day we got here, and they are already done! It has been soo nice!! I am so grateful for the experiences I have had here. It is going to be hard to go home, and back to real life!! My host Mom told me that she is adopting me and I am staying here forever... I wouldn't mind that too much. I am still loving it here!

Eating at a Pizzaria with Andrea (the housekeeper) and my three tiny ones!

Always have to have matching suits! I love them!

Beautiful Andrea and I. She only speaks Spanish... but understands a little English. When we hit a language barrier...we pull out my computer and use google translator haha!! Thank heavens for technology!! She is my only friend down here since we are in the middle of nowhere, and we have become really close. I have learned so much from her and we have had a lot of fun together!!

Little Ana
Georgie and her boyfriend came to visit the first week. It was fun to have someone to play with on the beach! I want her English accent SOO bad!
Love my life. Enough said. We have been to the beach every day! It never seems to get old. I have never built so many sand castles in my life... and I have never been buried so many times in my life. I am now a pro at boogie boarding, and I have learned to love tomatoes! They are so sweet and delicious here! The water is clear blue, and the weather hasn't been colder than 85 degrees. Perfect. One day it got up over 100... with the humidity here it was impossible to go outside and not melt. There are tons of mosquitos at night... but nothing that my bug spray can't handle! I love it!


Mirna.. a past nanny for my same family... came to visit for a week. We went out one night for dinner and took some fun pictures. It was fun to hang out with some girls my age for a night! I miss my friends in Madrid soo bad!! It is weird not being with them every single day! So far being in the South has been a dream. I got soo lucky with my host family and I feel so blessed to have experienced all that I have in the past 7 monts! I have 5 weeks left before I go back to the 801 so I am trying to give them my all... so hopefully I will be someone they never forget! Hope everyone has a good 24th of July! Wish I could see some fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment