June 16, 2009

Summer time in Spain!!

Yay!! The good weather is finally here!!! I was hoping for hot... and now it is too hot. I definitely spoke too soon!! It would be really hard to not have a pool around while outside. It is over 90 degrees everyday and I feel like I am melting away!!! Everyone in Spain has a pool, so this is what our free time consists of lately, now that the weather has just turned amazing! The only down side....no air conditiong. I lay in bed and sweat at night as I am trying to fall asleep. There are so many things I take for granted at home, and I would have never realized it unless I came somewhere else to live. I am so thankful for all of my experiences!! I love it here!!
Swimming in Jo's pool on a Saturday!!!

Last week we went to Retiro Park, and rented a boat for an hour to take out onto the... pond I guess you would call it. It was a lot of fun... but SOOO dang hot!!
Elina and I on the boat!!
Jessica and I strikin a pose!

Eating popsicles in Madrid, tryin to stay cool!!
This is the patio that my little ninos eat all their meals at everyday. Tough life huh?
My host Mom swimmin' with the girls in the backyard!
Charles bein' sassy. Love this kid.
My backyard!!! I am so lucky!!
Ana, me, and Victoria! The pool is salt water... I have never heard of that until I came here!! It has 1/10 the amount of salt as the sea. Atleast it's better for my hair.... and I'm just glad I can't taste it very much!
Our favorite place to get salads and sandwiches. MONTYS! It is only 1E on Wednesdays. You know where to find us poor Aupairs!!
I guess this is the thing to do now a days when your hair goes grey??
We found a bird's nest by the patio
The BEAUTIFUL Madrid temple!! Love to go and sit on the temple grounds on Sundays!! Had a bad experience with some creepy men last time I went, so I am extra careful now when I am on my own!!
Elder McArthur is in the MTC and I got to see him sing!! He was waving at me!!
My favorite Trek bro!! Church won't be the same without him when I get home but he is going to be an amazing missionary!
I am so thankful for my life! I am so happy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a blast. We miss you so much but are having fun sharing all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete