March 7, 2009

El Escorial!!

Last Friday... the girls and I decided to skip school and take a train to El Escorial! It is a big historical site here in Spain! It used to be the house of the king of Spain wayyy back. It now is a monastery, royal palace, museum, and school. We took a tour of it and saw the gardens. It was amazing!!

My girls and I! I have made such cute friends here!! I love them all!! I will start with me.. going clockwise : me, Elina (Finland), Marie (Germany), Sabine (Germany), and Jo (England). We have a lot of fun together, and frequently make fun of eachothers accents! They are all nannies as well, and we all go to the same language school learning Spanish.





Goofing off at the end of our tour!!



The gardens were amazing!!



Some guys on the street tryin to make some money!! I love living in Spain!!!

3 comments:

  1. Brittany!! I am so glad that i found your blog!! It looks like you are having an amazing experience !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany! I found your blog on Candi's, hope you don't mind! I think it's so awesome you've been to so many places though! That's such a good experience!!! I'm totally jealous. It looks like you're having an awesome time! (P.S. this is Sharon)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany,

    Wow! I think about your intrepidation before you left and you have certainly overcome that! I can see that you are doing very well and what awesome experiences you are having. I do miss my chocolate connection though (ha ha)
    You have had many amazing opportunities. I'm happy for you!

    Love,
    Linda Delahunty

    ReplyDelete