April 1, 2009

Paris!!

And the fairy tale life continues..... PARIS! Last weekend Kate and I headed out to Paris!! We found round trip tickets for under a hundred dollars, and we were gone!! We left on Thursday morning, and came back on Monday afternoon. Our host families were way nice about us being gone so long, we were surprised!! It rained for a minute on Saturday which was kind of a bummer... but I absolutely LOVED being there!!!

Kate and I at the top of the Eiffel Tower!

Some crazy lady outside the Notre Dame. She reminded me of the old lady on Home Alone. She had birds all over her!!!!!

After seeing this, I wanted to go watch The Hunchback!!

The Eiffel Tower at night... AMAZING!

hahaha at the top of The Arc de Triumph

It was rainy for about an hour... but we still managed to have a good time! Not hard to do when you are in France!
Ummm my 5 Euro umbrella didn't last long!!

Holding the Lovre like an ornament hahaha

Kate and I before we went in to see the Mona Lisa. The Louvre was HUGE!

Perfect picture moment of my SWEET umbrella that held together SO well!!!

Kate and I on the "Romantic" river of Paris!


The littler streets were adorable!! You can rent those bikes behind me and ride around everywhere!! It felt like they were available on every corner!!

Big holes to tie the boats up to on the river!

On the bus heading into the city!

RyanAir... probably the cheapest airline ever hahaha!!! My seat wouldn't even recline :(

Kate and I outside my house right before we left on our adventure!!

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I have always wanted to go to Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany! This is Sammy... Hey, I sent you a text the other day and then realized that your service doesn't work over in Europe. We miss ya over here and cant wait to get up to the lake sometime soon! Be safe and keep writing McKie.... You guys are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany! This is Linda...Who would have thought after what I said to you last that I am headed to Paris in about three hours! Then I am going to Vienna Austria and I am flying solo!!!!!!!! My son Chris needs a part for a drilling rig in Siberia. I have to meet a guy in Vienna to give him the part,and I will have one day there and then I am on my way back home and will be home by Saturday. A Very long way and a very short time. There was no one else to go so I volunteered. But heck, Paris, and Vienna I can always say I've been there!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are still having the time of your life!

    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete